7 THINGS THAT CAN STOP YOU FROM BUILDING YOUR OWN HOUSE
- Waiting to take your share in your father’s property as a landlord-in- waiting or a landlord by inheritance.
- Thinking that your salary is too small to build a house.
- Believing that you have too many family obligations.
- Hoping that someday things will become cheaper.
- Waiting until you receive a big salary or a promotion.
- Thinking that it is too stressful. (A house of three-bedroom flat can be started by erecting a room.)
- Hoping that your employer will give you a free house.
7 THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO IN OWNING YOUR OWN HOUSE
- Never discuss your building project with people who are negative or anybody who has no serious plan of building a house (e.g. inherited landlord).
- Never be afraid or ashamed to start little.
- Never think that it is impossible to complete your own building project. Fear leads to failure and death.
- Never wait until you have the money to complete your house of choice.
- Never misuse any naira that comes into your hands when your building project is on.
- Never stay too long visiting your building project. Regular visits motivate you.
- Never rely on anybody to handle your building project.